There is just something about appreciation that lifts the soul and enriches life, and Thanksgiving is a time designed for just that – giving thanks.
Our list of things to appreciate goes from the mundane to the gigantic and awe-inspiring.
We give thanks for big things in our lives, like family, friends, good health…
As well as the smaller things that bring joy to our lives each day, like…
- The new awesome hoppy beer Mynders discovered and brought home the other day. It’s really, really good. (Titan IPA, for those of you who need to know, from Great Divide Brewing in Denver, CO).
- Great coffee we get at Carver’s Restaurant in Durango, and at Durango Joe’s.
- The wagging tail of the neighbor’s dog when we come home, and the licks we get when we wander over for pets.
- Blue skies, green trees and soaring mountains that are what Colorado is all about.
- A good night’s sleep (hey, a blessing at any age, and especially at some ages… enough said).
- Dancing to great music at a party for a friend’s book launch.
- A phone call from friends far away.
- Seeing familiar faces of friends and family appear on my Facebook page.
- Snowy mountain peaks, and rivers running through ice-capped rocks.
- Laughter in the halls and offices at work and at home.
- Hugs of all shapes and sizes.
- Computer software that installs correctly the first time.
- A help desk that actually does help.
- A vigorous swim or hike, or even just a walk around town.
- Nachos, dripping with melted cheese…
- A great movie.
- Fresh and delicious foods of all kinds.
And the list goes on and on.
We’d love to hear what you are thankful for during this season of joy, whether or not you have a Thanksgiving holiday where you live, or just because you are simply thankful.
Blessings to all.
Deb & Mynders